We want to hear from you about your concerns, your hopes and vision for reopening the community, and your suggestions to keep you, your family and community safe. Click here to send us comments.
Governor Mike DeWine and Dr. Amy Acton, Director of the Ohio Department of Health, have declared a “Stay Safe” order for the State of Ohio which is an extension of the “Stay At Home” order but incorporates information on the reopening of businesses and will be effective until 11:59 p.m. on May 29, 2020. For information on the Stay Safe Order, click here.
City of Cleveland residents, students, workers, and visitors are encouraged to do the following to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
Based on what is currently known about COVID-19, individuals over 60 years of age or have underlying health factors like diabetes, heart disease, and lung disease should exercise extra caution when leaving their home and should avoid people that are sick.
- Stay at home unless it is absolutely necessary that you leave. If you are feeling sick, call a doctor BEFORE you visit an emergency department or doctor’s office if you have the following symptoms:
- Shortness of Breath
- Repeated Shaking with Chills
- New Loss of Taste and/or Smell
- Sore Throat
- Avoid being within 6 feet of people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If hand washing facilities are unavailable, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid shaking hands or hugging when you greet someone
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve on the inside of your elbow
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as door knobs, light switches, tables, countertops, chairs, phones, remotes, keyboards, and touchscreen electronic devices.
- Cloth face coverings are recommended if you must go out in public in order to protect others should you have COVID-19 but not have any symptoms or be otherwise unaware of whether you are infected.
For information on making face coverings or masks, click here
For information for older adults, click here
For grocery delivery information, click here.
For prescription delivery information, click here.
For home food safety tips, click here
Guidance from the CDC:
CDC COVID-19 Fact Sheets (click here)
CDC Guides to Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities (click here)
- What you need to know
- Share Facts About COVID-19
- What to do if you are sick
- Stop the spread of germs poster
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 poster
- CDC Protect and Prepares Communities
- Stay Healthy Wash Your Hands
- Wash Your Hands
- 10 things to do at home (click here)
Translated CDC Documents:
- At Home
- At K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs
- At Colleges and Universities
- At Work
- Community and Faith Based Organizations
- Large Community Events/Mass GatheringsHealthcare Settings
- First Responders and Law Enforcement
Mental Health Resources:
Blood Donations Needed:
More information can be found on Ohio Department of Health’s website: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/
You can also call the Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at 1-833-4-Ask-ODH.
Cleveland Department of Public Health Coronavirus Fact Sheet
Fact Sheet Translations: