City of Cleveland - Division of Air Quality
Electric Lawn Mower Rebate Program 2023
Scrap your old gasoline-powered lawn mower, purchase a new battery-operated electric lawn mower, and receive (1) $100 Rebate Gift Card!
Why switch to an electric lawn mower?
Click here to learn about some pros of going electric!
Not sure what mower to buy?
Use our buying guide to help you begin!
Electric lawn mowers purchased on or after
- Please ensure you are eligible to participate in the program
- Lawn mower must be new, battery powered electric lawn mower
- Residents MUST reside in Cuyahoga County and businesses must be located in Cuyahoga County
- If you reside in Medina, Summit or Portage County, please contact the Akron Air Quality Management District.
- If you reside in Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, or Warren County, please contact the Southwest Ohio Air Quality Management District.
- If you reside in Lucas County, please contact the City of Toledo
- Residential households and businesses are eligible
- Participants MUST register and receive a confirmation from Cleveland Division of Air Quality before participating (instructions below).
4/25/22 are eligible for the rebate. Electric lawn mowers purchased prior to 4/25/22 are not eligible.
- Rebate cards will be available while supplies last. (Spaces are reserved on a first come, first served basis)
- If placed on a wait list, individuals will be contacted in order if/when any of the active registrants withdraw
- Limit (1) $100 rebate card per household or business
- Employees of Cleveland Division of Air Quality are not eligible to participate
- Sign up using the form below or call (216) 420-8049.
- If enrolling online, you will receive a confirmation email containing program information.
- If enrolling by telephone, call (216) 420-8049 and leave a voicemail with your name, phone number and interest in the program. A CDAQ staff member will follow up with you.
- Once you have confirmation:
- Buy your new, battery-operated electric lawn mower from a retailer of your choice.
- Scrap your gasoline-powered lawn mower at a participating scrap yard. Your scrap yard receipt MUST state that a gasoline powered lawn mower was scrapped.
- To submit electronic copies of your receipt, please take pictures/screenshot of them and use the link provided in the weekly email you will receive to upload them into the Google Form titled "Electric Lawn Mower Rebate Pick Up".
- If you are unable to submit electronically through the form, you can email them to email@example.com or call (216) 420-8049 to confirm that you can bring them to your selected pick up location for verification.
- Make sure to bring your State Issued ID, and receipts if you unable to upload.
Participating Scrap Yards: Click Here!
- Program registration opens on 2/3/2023 and will remain open while supplies last eligible participants have been confirmed.