CLEVELAND DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH|
A Letter from the Director of the Cleveland Department of Public Health
May 16, 2020
First, we would like to thank you for all your comments and feedback. Please continue to provide us feedback for any concerns surrounding COVID-19 or any other matter by clicking here.
As you may have noticed, we have updated the interactive dashboard so you can view all of the Cleveland-specific COVID-19 data at a glance. The Disclaimer, Sources and Data Definitions remain on the tab under the zip code map.
While sectors of the state are opening, please keep practicing all health and safety precautions and stay diligent. Here’s what you can do to continue to keep yourself, your loved ones, and fellow Ohioans healthy and safe:
For additional up-to-date information, visit:
- Stay home; cover your face (mouth and nose with a face mask) when around others; wash hands frequently with soap and water; keep a safe distance (6 feet) from others.
- If you develop a fever and have a dry cough or are experiencing shortness of breath, please call your doctor immediately. If you feel you need to go to the Emergency Room, call first BEFORE you visit an emergency department or doctor’s office. Stay home if you feel sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If hand washing facilities are unavailable, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Don't touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Don't shake hands or hug when you greet someone.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve on the inside of your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as door knobs, light switches, tables, countertops, chairs, phones, remotes, keyboards, and touchscreen electronic devices.
- Cloth face coverings are recommended if you must go out in public in order to protect others should you have COVID-19 but not have any symptoms or be otherwise unaware of whether you are infected.
CDC Novel Coronavirus Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
ODH Coronavirus Information: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov
We are here with you and for you. Please be safe and stay healthy.
Merle R. Gordon, Director
Cleveland Department of Public Health